ASD Resourced Provision
Calderdale’s ASD Resourced provision for Key Stage 2 is based within Cliffe Hill. This is a 6 place provision, managed by the Specialist Inclusion Team and the school.
Who the provision is for?
The provision is intended to meet the needs of up to six pupils who:
- Are within Key Stage 2, Years 3 - 6
- Have an EHC or Statement of SEND within which there is a diagnosis of ASD identified as the primary need
- Require access to a high adult : pupil ratio
- Require access to a specialist resourced classroom with specially trained teaching and skilled support staff
- Require ASD specific strategies eg TEACCH
- Require a modified and controlled social/language environment.
- Require access to specialist support, advice and intervention from a range of staff in the ASD Team
- Require an individualised specific curriculum delivered alongside the National Curriculum, with differentiation and modification as required and direct teaching of social skills
- Require a low stimulation environment
- Require a combination of small group and 1:1 teaching
- Require a sanctuary/refuge for certain periods of the day
- Require support to manage behaviour arising out of ASD relating to sensory needs and inflexibility of behaviour
- Have the potential for inclusive learning with mainstream peers
- Have the potential to learn appropriate social behaviours from mainstream peers
What are the aims of the provision?
- To provide detailed ongoing assessments for pupils to determine future educational needs.
- To provide intensive ASD specific teaching and an ASD specific environment that equips pupils with the appropriate strategies to enable them to become successful learners.
- To provide pupils with ASD access to mainstream peers and learning opportunities in a supportive environment.
All applications for the provision are made through the Specialist Inclusion Team.