At Cliffe Hill we have designed our curriculum with the intent that children must have the building blocks to become successful adults in terms of being healthy and safe, able to gain employment and to take opportunities to extend their horizons.
In recognition of the context of the starting points of many of our children, we have a strong focus on communication, Maths and Literacy, providing practical learning experiences and allowing the children to develop a love of learning, self-motivation and build resilience.
We provide memorable experiences for all pupils through the number of educational visits within the curriculum, offering opportunities to extend knowledge and further develop their understanding of the world around them.
We want our children to have high aspirations and educate our children about a range of careers and personal interests for the future. To ensure that they gain knowledge and skills across all subjects, we designed our curriculum to cover not only the statutory aspects of the National Curriculum but to take account of developing their sense of achievement and success to help every student to find strengths and interests.
Our key aim is that when children leave us they have:
- high aspirations and knowledge of opportunities in terms of further education and careers, recognising that there are opportunities beyond the local area.
- self-awareness, understanding the impact of their choices and actions on themselves and others.
- knowledge to stay healthy and safe, with an understanding of safe choices and adults.
- ability to maintain secure and appropriate relationships.
- awareness of the wider world, demonstrating respect for other cultures and religions.
- a firm grasp of basic skills
- awareness of global issues and respect for the local, national and worldwide environment.