The children in Nursery and Reception at Cliffe Hill School follow a programme of study based on the ‘Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum 2012’. There are seven areas of experience within this phase. These are split into three prime areas and four specific areas.
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Communication and Language
- Physical Development
- Literacy (Reading and Writing)
- Mathematics (Numbers, Shape, Space and Measure)
- Understanding of the World (includes ICT)
- Expressive Art and Design
There is a greater emphasis on the child learning through a wide range of carefully planned, first hand, practical experiences and structured play.
The EYFS team has and continues to work hard to develop the indoor and outdoor areas in Nursery and Reception and continue to enrich this, through following the children’s interests. Further information can be found by clicking on the links below.
Click here to view the Parents’ Guide to the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework
Click here to view the Development Matters in the Early Years Foundation Stage